TERMS & CONDITIONS
Chamber of commerce: 53499042
Company VAT: NL153981532B01
Derringer Designs has adopted the General Terms and Conditions of Sale, Delivery and Payment of MITEX (Dutch Association of Retail Traders in the Fashion Industry). The MITEX general terms and conditions were drawn up in December 2002 in consultation with the Dutch Consumer Association within the context of the CZ (Coordinating Group for Self-Regulation) of the SER (Social and Economic Council of the Netherlands) and came into effect on 1 January 2003. A copy of the MITEX general terms and conditions is set out at the end of these (additional) General Terms and Conditions of Derringer Designs.
Article 1: Scope
1.These general terms and conditions (hereinafter: the general conditions) govern all contracts, supplies and other services agreed between the customer and Derringer Designs.
2. By placing an order, the customer agrees to be bound by the general conditions.
3. Unless Derringer Designs has indicated otherwise in writing to the customer, the customer's own general terms and conditions shall not be accepted.
Article 2: Entering into a contract
1. Derringer Designs shall confirm the customer's order by e-mail. Contrary to Article 4.1 of the MITEX general terms and conditions, a contract is created only when payment has been successfully made.
Derringer Designs is entitled to refuse, or impose special conditions upon, a supply, subject to giving reasons. If Derringer Designs is unable to clearly establish the customer’s permanent or temporary address, an order cannot be accepted.
2. Order processes that for whatever reason have been technically or otherwise disrupted before the payment instructions have been completed are incomplete, even if the customer has received an order confirmation. Such an order will in principle therefore not be delivered. Derringer Designs shall endeavor, however, to contact the customer to complete the payment instructions so that delivery can be made.
Article 3: Prices and costs
1. The contract price is the current price at the moment when an order is placed with the webstore. The prices of articles are quoted inclusive of VAT.
2. The prices quoted in the webstore are exclusive of postage and administration costs.
3. Derringer Designs is not bound by the terms of its offer in the event that there is any printing, typesetting or programming fault on its website.
Article 4: Fulfilling orders
1. Derringer Designs shall act with the greatest possible care in processing orders for articles.
2. Articles shall be delivered to the address given by the customer to Lady Derringer.
3. Derringer Designs shall dispatch accepted orders as quickly as possible in the order in which they are received.
4. The on the website indicated delivery term is approximate only and there is no right to compensation if actual delivery takes longer.
Article 5: Customs, Duties and Taxes
1. The customer is responsible for assuring that the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country. When ordering from Derringerdesigns.com, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Orders that are shipped to countries outside the European Union may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; Derringer designs has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
2. It might be a good idea to contact your local customs office for current charges before you order, so you are not surprised by charges you were not expecting.
Article 6: Right to return articles
1. Contrary to Article 5 of the MITEX general terms and conditions the costumer is entitled to exchange any article for store-credit or a substitute article from Derringerdesigns.com, within fourteen (14) days of its delivery.
2. No refund will be made in respect of articles returned to Derringer Designs.
3. Articles being returned must be in the condition generally accepted for normal use for approval of the articles, such as trying on articles in conventional shops. If a customer wishes to exercise such right to exchange an article, the article must be returned to Derringer Designs together with everything originally sent with it, in its original state and packaging.
4. Derringer Designs is entitled to refuse to accept a returned article or to send it back to the customer if the article appears to have been used, no longer carries the original labels, or reveals damage caused by the customer, or if the customer does not comply with the instructions for returning the article given by Derringer Designs.
5. If for any reason Derringer Designs does not deliver within thirty (30) days without further communication, the customer is entitled to a full refund, without any charge.
Article 7: Error in delivery
If Derringer Designs delivers an article different from the one ordered, or if the article is damaged or defective, the customer must notify Derringer Designs of this within 24hours of receiving the article. Derringer Designs shall reimburse the purchase price.
Article 8: Minimum age
1. An order will not be accepted by Derringer Designs from anyone under the age of 16.
Article 9: Payment
1. The customer may pay either by credit card, PayPal or with iDeal.
2. All payments must be made in accordance with the instructions given on the pages of the webstore.
Article 11: Privacy
1. Collection of your Personal Information
Derringer Designs may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Derringer Designs. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Derringer Designs website.
Derringer Designs encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Derringer Designs so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Derringer Designs is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Derringer Designs website.
2. Use of your Personal Information
Derringer Designs collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
Derringer Designs may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Derringer Designs and its affiliates.
Derringer Designs may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Derringer Designs, in order to determine what Derringer Designs services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Derringer Designs to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
The Derringer Designs website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Derringer Designs pages, or register with Derringer Designs site or services, a cookie helps Derringer Designs to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Derringer Designs website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Derringer Designs features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Derringer Designs services or websites you visit.
Article 12: General
We may, from time to time, change the terms that govern your use of our Site. Your use of our Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. We may change, move or delete portions of, or may add to, our Site from time to time.
Article 13: Product information
All designs are property of Derringer Designs and may not be reused or reprinted without express permission.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear at the Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
Article 14: Product availability
Although availability may be indicated on the Site, we cannot guarantee product availability and products, nonetheless, may not be available for immediate delivery. We reserve the right, without liability or prior notice, to revise, discontinue, or cease to make available any or all products or to cancel any order. If there is any revision, discontinuance, or cessation, we may, in our discretion, ship products which have substantially similar functionality and specifications to the products ordered or cancel your order.
Article 15: Copyright
We understand however that our images may be used on personal blogs, as long as credit is given to Derringer Designs with a link to our website: .